<script> (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-47881815-1', 'thesangerscene.com'); ga('send', 'pageview'); </script>
Home / Community (page 10)

Community

No candy Halloween celebration at Unity Estates promotes tasty healthy alternatives

By Cheryl Senn Trick or treating had an interesting twist, with no candy offered, at the recent Healthy Halloween Celebration at Unity Estates. The 4th Annual Healthy Halloween event, at Unity Estates, in collaboration with the City of Sanger Parks ...

Read More »

Apache Club Baseball, a growing program which nurtures the game of baseball in Sanger

By Cheryl Senn Apache Club Baseball is nurturing the game of baseball, at an earlier age, in Sanger. “The goal is to do our part to nurture the game of baseball in Sanger,” said John Quiroz, Apache Club Baseball Head ...

Read More »

Kings Canyon Expressway Final Segment Groundbreaking making for a safer East-West Corridor for the region

By Cheryl Senn Improve mobility, increase tourism and economic development, while providing a safe way to travel will be accomplished by the completion of Segment 3 of the Kings Canyon Expressway of HWY180 East.  According to a CalTrans press release, ...

Read More »

Making a Vision a Reality, Design Concept revealed for the Reedley College Center for Fine and Performing Arts

By Cheryl Senn “It has almost been 90 years in the making and Reedley College has had the center on the planning books since 1975,” said Reedley College President Dr. Sandra Caldwell, in a Letter from the President, in the ...

Read More »

Lori’s Kitchen is cookin’ up country comfort food for Sanger

By Cheryl Senn Country comfort food cooked up by a hometown girl is what you can expect when you visit Lori’s Kitchen, inside the U.S. Food Mart on Jensen Ave. Lori’s Kitchen is owned by Sanger resident Lori Greer.  “This ...

Read More »

Mi Linda Tierra Market wins inaugural Sanger Chamber Taco Throw Down, making a family dream the community’s number once choice

By Cheryl Senn More than 265 votes were cast for the best taco in town, at the recent Sanger Chamber of Commerce inaugural Taco ThrowDown Competition. Congratulations to Mi Linda Tierra Market and owners Javier and Erika Elizondo on winning ...

Read More »

Purple bows bring awareness to Relay for Life event, taking place Saturday

By Cheryl Senn Downtown Sanger was recently decorated with a lot of purple bows this past Thursday. The Sanger Relay for Life volunteers decorated all the light posts along 7th Street and at intersections along 7th Street. Relay for Life ...

Read More »

Community was fired up at the recent Chamber Farmers Market Grand Opening

By Cheryl Senn According to Sanger District Chamber of Commerce staff, downtown was came alive with 1,000 people in attendance for the Grand Opening for the 2017 Sanger District Chamber of Commerce September Farmers Markets. The Grand Opening Ceremony began ...

Read More »

New Parks & Recreation Supervisor Joaquin Zamora, experienced and ready to grow with the City

By Cheryl Senn Back when new City of Sanger Parks & Recreation Supervisor Joaquin Zamora was a child in school he had no idea recreation would be his calling. Zamora says this is an exciting time for him and his ...

Read More »

Drivers will experience noticeable improvements after 8th & “P” St reconstruction

By Cheryl Senn By the end of October, Sanger’s “P” Street will be looking and functioning a lot better, according to Sanger City Engineer Josh Rogers. The construction work on “P” Street is scheduled to last for 65 days and ...

Read More »