<script> (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-47881815-1', 'thesangerscene.com'); ga('send', 'pageview'); </script>
Home / Community (page 3)

Community

Sierra National Forest reforestation program presented to Sanger Woman’s Club

By Cheryl Senn Amarina Wuenschel, Ecologist with the Sierra National Forest, U.S. Department of Agriculture, spoke at the recent Sanger Woman’s Club about “The Sierra National Forest: a treasure in our own backyard”.  Wuenschel said the Sierra and Sequoia Forests ...

Read More »

City of Sanger 2019 Women of the Year

By Cheryl Senn Three Sanger women were recognized by the Sanger City Council in honor of National Women’s History Month.  Sanger City Councilwoman Esmeralda Hurtado presented Dolores Leal-Martinez, Tammy Wolfe and Cheryl Senn with Certificate of Recognition.  Leal-Martinez, a Sanger ...

Read More »

New SPD Officer Edwards joins local crimefighters in keeping Sanger safe

By Cheryl Senn A new officer joined the crimefighters and guardians of the Sanger Police Department (SPD) and her name is Sanger Police Officer Shaela Edwards. Edwards was sworn in and celebrated her pinning ceremony on March 7 at the ...

Read More »

Fresno State First Lady, Mary Castro, speaks to SWC about campus student cupboard

By Cheryl Senn The Sanger Woman’s Club (SWC) March monthly meeting luncheon was filled with color and inspiring words. The SWC clubhouse was decorated in greens, purples, golds and blues in celebration of Mardi Gras and the members had the ...

Read More »

Sanger Animal Control Division hosts Dog Education/Adoption Day

By Cheryl Senn The Sanger Animal Shelter held a Dog Education/Adoption Day and Bake Sale for the community at the Sanger Animal Shelter facility on North Ave.  Dog education for current pet owners and for those who were thinking of ...

Read More »

Blossom Trail Commons, Sanger’s newest affordable housing community, celebrates Grand Opening

By Cheryl Senn Blossom Trail Commons, the newest affordable housing community, held its Grand Opening, this past week. Forty-eight 1-4 bedroom apartment homes are conveniently located near downtown Sanger. It is also located near a number of services, schools, open ...

Read More »

31st Annual Blossom Trail Opening Ceremony kicking off the springtime tradition

By Cheryl Senn Sanger was well represented in the 31st Annual Fresno County Blossom Trail Opening Ceremony, which was in Selma this year.  According to a Press Release from the Fresno County Tourism Manager, Krisiti Johnson, the non-profit Fresno County ...

Read More »

More than 100 delicious treats were served at the Fresno County 4-H Festive Food Faire

By Cheryl Senn The Sequoia Elementary Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) was filled with delicious home made treats during the annual Fresno County 4-H Festive Food Faire.  According to Fresno County 4-H Director Tracy Newton, there were 134 entries in the Food ...

Read More »

City’s new Vactor truck will make proactive servicing of storm and sewer mains more effective

By Cheryl Senn The new City of Sanger Public Works Vactor Truck was presented to the community during the recent City Council meeting.  The new truck is a Vactor 2110 iPlus and was custom built in Streator, Illinois, in Vactor’s ...

Read More »

Chamber Open House & monthly mixer kicks off the new year successfully

By Jade Martinez More than 40 community and business members attended the January Sanger District Chamber of Commerce Open House and Mixer, which was hosted by the Chamber, at the City Annex, recently. The Chamber freshened up its January Mixer ...

Read More »